As you all know, the Natatorium is officially closed and ready for demolition. Since the building opened in 1963, the Natatorium halls have been walked by countless students, faculty, and staff. Our classrooms and gyms been filled with activities, events, and memories. Although it is hard to say goodbye to the building that our department has called home for almost 60 years, we would like to recognize this is just the start of a bright new chapter for us!
To give the Natatorium the send-off it deserves, we have decided to host virtual farewell event. This will be an evening dedicated to sharing stories of the Natatorium through the years, as well as our vision for the future.
• When: Friday, December 4, 7 – 8 p.m. CST
• Where: Zoom – event registrants will receive a link prior to the virtual broadcast
• Additional details regarding our speaker panel to come. We will have alumni and current faculty share memories and visions for the future.
Photo by Sarah L. Maughan
Do you have photographs or memories of the Natatorium you would like to share? We will be developing a page on our Department’s website to memorialize the Natatorium and we would love it if we could display your contributions. To participate, you may contribute during your event registration or you send an email to Becca Freitag. Below are some questions to get you started.
Please add anything else you’d like.
• What did you love most about the Nat? What did the Nat mean to you?
• Do you have a favorite memory or story? What was your favorite class/activity in the Nat?
• What did you do after you graduated? How did your time in the Nat prepare you for your career?
Register for the event and/or submit your contributions here!